Come be apart of our group
Membership forms are linked below. Dues are $30.00/year.
If you would like to make a CTQG Name tag, see pattern.
Please enjoy some pictures from QuiltCon 2023. There are 93 pictures in this so grab a cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy. :) M/
Jean Raines, Deb Sweeney, Linda Orizondo and myself enjoyed a full day going through the vendors and the quilts. I enjoyed watching Jean, Linda and Deb as they viewed the quilts. We all were thrilled to meet some of the people that we have seen on YouTube. Gudrun from GE Designs and Donna Robertson and her daughter Fran Morgan of Fabric Cafe' were so nice. We all had a nice long chat with each of them. Linda and Deb saw Misty Doan from a far. She had so many people around her. There were other "quilt celebrities" at the show that we did not see but it was fun bumping into the ones that we did see.
I, personally, have never been to a modern quilt show before so I found it quite interesting. I was surprised at how much straight line quilting there were on the quilts. Some had geometric designs which I expected. Some had traditional quilting which for me was nice to see. I have to admit that I did not understand how the quilts that received their awards beat out some of the other quilts in their same category. I guess I have a lot to learn about judging!! Mandy Robinson
Thursday Sewing Group
Fifth Thursday Sew-Ins
Four months of the year have a fifth Thursday, so we are designating this day as a sew-in.
The first one was March 30th taught by our own, Andrea Thompson. We had a great time learning and creating.
Our next Sew-In is June 29 making Log Cabin Santa Ornaments. Please bring red and white fabric scraps and strips, sewing machine and basic sewing supplies, and your lunch. Yarn, stuffing, and pom-poms will be provided.
Check out the Community Service page for 2023 and the Calendar page for all the upcoming community service projects.
Feel free to work on any of these projects at home as well as during our designated sewcials.
Our guild continues to reach out to our community with compassion sewing and quilts.
Great Ideas by our Members
Shared by Martha Walker in her President's letter.
THIS IS SO COOL!
Learn how to piece your quilt backing diagonally and save on fabric
Video tutorial by Sparrow Quilt Co.
Cut your backing in half diagonally, shift one side down, sew it back together and presto you've just saved a boat load of fabric & money! And what quilter doesn't love to save money?! Using a brilliant worksheet from Jinny Beyer Studio based on a John Flynn method, Bradie is able to easily turn this 60" wide fabric into 77" without having to use two full lengths of fabric.
Find the link here for a print out jinnybeyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Diagonal-Backing-Worksheet.pdf
Also shared by Deb Sweeney on our FB Page
- The website will be the main form of communication.
- As information comes available, the website is being updated. The main bulk of updating will be done at the beginning of each month.
- Please review all of the information on the Home & Guild News tabs as this will be the main areas to be updated. Last months photos will be moved to the Photos tab and current photos will be on the Home Tab.
- Calendars are updated each month.
- Links are available for added ease to more detailed information so as to not make it overwhelming to read.
- If you have any information that needs to be added both for guild news or outside events, please email us using the "Contact Us" form under the Home Tab or see one of the board members at the meetings.
- This is YOUR website. Constructive comments are welcome.