UPDATE November BOTM has been uploaded. Click on button below.
Meet the designer's of each block. More details are within the block pattern.
May's block "Hexagon Applique" is by Tighe Flanagan and starts us off in style.
June's block Redwood is by Abigail Falk Vargas with a design that takes us on a journey into nature!
July's block designed by Augusto Garcia Moledo that has us thinking about color interactions!
August's block is by Kitty Wilkin who brings us into her love for the outdoors with her block "Mountain Frolic.
September's block is by quilter O.V. Brantley has us exploring themes of motherhood, travel, and storytelling in fabric.
October's block is by Elizabeth Ray, she has us exploring color, value, and movement with her block.
November's block is by Michael J Ross. He has us exploring improv piecing with value to create depth and / or movement.
December's block is Designed by Jessica Plunkett, watch out for the trees as we take a walk in the woods.
The National Quilt Museum BOM - May 1st through December 2023
Round 5 Theme: Exploration/Exploring/Explore
*Patterns will still drop on the 1st of each month at Noon Central Time.
This Round will have a new size for blocks! We’ll be working with blocks/segments that will measure 12” x 24” when finished. We’ve asked designers to keep in mind that segments may be placed vertically or horizontally; so you get to choose the orientation in your final layout of the 8 blocks.
*Another new feature is that Round 5 will have an overarching theme! We’ve asked designers to create something that interprets this theme, and look forward to how each of you will also use this theme in your blocks.
- You will receive a link to the block instructions on the 1st of each month.
- As in the Star Cluster Quilt Along bring your completed block to the monthly meeting and receive an entry in the cash prize drawings – quarterly prizes and at the conclusion. You must bring your block to the meeting to receive an entry.
- At the conclusion of the BOM Quilt Along you can submit a picture of your completed quilt to the NQM to receive a label for your quilt from the Museum.
- There is a Facebook page where you can post pictures of your blocks. Participants also post tips and feedback.
- You can choose your own fabric or follow the guidelines in the instructions.
- There is no charge to participate.
- Check out previous Blocks of the Month on the NQM website quiltmuseum.org/blockofthemonth/ or the Facebook page “The National Quilt Museum Block of the Month Club”.
Common Threads 2023 Block of the Month - Runs January to April
"Star Cluster" Borrowed from National Quilt Museum 2020 Quilt Along
Schedule - Click on links below for the PDF Files
January – Center Star and Border 1
February – Borders 2 and 3
March – Borders 4 and 5
April – Border 6 and finishing