2022 COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
Contacts: Deb Sweeney and Jo Dennin
- February 17 - Guild Meeting – Cancer Hats and Heart Pillows to be donated to Cancer patients.
- Was a great success. Thank you.
- If you are making anymore at home, please bring them to the March guild meeting as we will be donating them shortly afterwards.
- April 7 Project – Fidget Quilts for Alzheimer patients
- if you have any textured type items that can be sewn on or attached easily to a quilt and would like to donate these items,
- please let Jo or Deb know.
- Click on the Button Below for complete details.
- May 12 Project - Baby Quilts
- Common Threads Quilt Guild members will be meeting on Thursday May 12 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a community sew day. Our project is baby quilts for the Coweta Pregnancy Center. We'll be using 5" squares to sew up easy quilts that these mom's will treasure. What to bring - sewing machine, lunch, and some good humor. We will provide materials, patterns, and prizes. Please come join in the fun!
- September 1 Project – Bears and Baby Quilts
May 2022 Fun - Baby Quilts
This month was Baby Quilts. Several were completed during our sew day while others are a work in progress. Please bring your finished quilts to the next guild meeting. The Coweta Pregnancy Center and the mom's who receive our quilts are always so thankful. Even if you can't see it for yourself, know that you are touching someone's life with your beautiful talent!!!.
February 2022 Fun - Cancer Hats & Heart Pillows
Wow! Great response to our Community Sewing Day
Thanks to all of you who attended our Community Sew Day this month. We have completed 61 heart mammogram pillows and 33 Cancer Caps! You are all awesome! I know many of you are making more at home, so we look forward to an even higher count.
Please turn them in at our next Guild Meeting on March 17 as we will deliver them shortly afterwards.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to our next Community Sewing Day on April 7 when we will be making Fidget Quilts for Alzheimer’s Patients.
Hope to see you then!
Jo & Deborah
April 2022 Fun - Sewing Fidget Quilts for Alzheimer Patients